Double Delicious Double Chocolate Brownie Recipe
These aren't your usual boxed brownies. They take a little longer to make, but the result is so heavenly, you won't mind. Rich, decadent and addictive, our families love these special treats. When Chef Heather makes a few extra, we all gather round and grab a few.
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bar (substitute chcolate chips)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Melt chocolate baking bar and butter in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold into chocolate mixture
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased baking pan
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until middle appears firm.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes and cut into squares.